Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Sweet Evan

Evan loves Jesus. He is always stumping us with really great questions about God and eternity and angels and WOW! He keeps us thinking.

After I put Sophie to bed last night, the thunder began to roll. It wasn't a terribly strong storm, but a couple rumbles of thunder did scare her. She started crying, just as Evan and I were saying our bedtime prayers. I told him we should hurry, so that I could go console Sophie and help her to settle down. Evan agreed, and went on to pray the following:

"Dear Jesus, Thank you for this wonderful week we had. Be with the orphans and be with Sophie tonight. She is scared of the storm. But, a storm is just when hot air meets cold air. Amen."

It was adorable and I had to bite my lip to keep from laughing. He is learning so much in school. I'm so proud of the smart young man he is. I'm thrilled to share these years with him.

1 comment:

  1. That is so cute and sweet! What a smart boy he is. Is he in kindergarten? I'm not sure I have all the ages of your kiddos down. I'm loving keeping up to date on your fam through your blog. Glad you created one! :)

    ReplyDelete