Monday, April 12, 2010

Speechless

All I can say is that the orphan crisis leaves me just mad some days. I'm not sure what makes me more angry:

~The fact that there are not enough willing souls to give up their life for these helpless children,

OR

~The complete lack of facts that 99% of people actually know about why children become orphans.

It makes me angry that people want to believe that the blood is not on their hands, so to speak, because the people of Africa (or elsewhere, even in the US) bring their demise unto themselves (at least, that's what so many would have you to believe).

DON'T miss this:
Proverbs 31:8-9
Open your mouth for the speechless, In the cause of all who are appointed to die. Open your mouth, judge righteously, and plead the cause of the poor and needy.

I'm refusing to be quiet and guard against the reality of their world. I'm refusing to ignore it. I'm refusing to pretend that it doesn't exist. I'm refusing to say "This problem is bigger than my influence." I'm refusing to do nothing.

Today we were contacted about the opportunity to adopt a set of siblings from Ethiopia who lost their father to disease not long ago, and lost their mother to murder very recently. The agency who contacted us is not our international agency, so there is little chance these children could become our's. I'm praying on my knees for them tonight. I'm praying that their forever family finds them soon. Please pray with me.

Pray for the tiny 3-year-old boy, and the 2-and 1-year-old girls. These babies just joined the ranks of the 147 million others in the world without an anchor. They are already malnourished, and now abandoned. I don't want to hear about how hard your life is today. It's a bad day to tell me about it.

Hoping for good news, knowing it will come to these precious children one day.

Luke 6:21-
Blessed are you who hunger now, for you shall be filled, Blessed are you who weep now, for you shall laugh. Blessed are you when men hate you, and when they exclude you and revile you, and cast our your name as evil, for the Son of Man's sake.

Rejoice in that day and leap for joy! For indeed your reward is great in heaven, for in like manner their fathers did to the prophets.

A-M-E-N


No comments:

Post a Comment