Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Sweet memories

Here is a short slide show featuring a precious boy who passed away on July 4th. He had a severe asthma attack and fought for life on life support for 5 days before passing away. His precious life was able to help 3 others, as his parents made the noble and honorable decision to donate some of his organs. It doesn't surprise me, as his 4th grade teacher, that he is helping others in his death. He was loved by so many people. I truly don't know one person, child or adult alike, who didn't cherish this boy. I pray that his parents and sister enjoy the Peace that surpasses all understanding as they face the absence of Tyler.

I have so many thoughts and emotions swimming around in my head about his life and death. It has consumed me for 2 weeks now. I am at a loss for words except to seek God's wisdom and words about life and death.

John 14:1-4 "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, trust also in Me. In my Father's house are many room; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going."



Here's a wonderful song by Amy Grant that seems to help me remember to lay our troubles at the feet of Jesus. I can't help but think of Tyler and his mom when I hear this song. Please listen to Arms of Love and say a prayer for the McDowell family. I pray that they feel the presence of God during this time and that they realize that this is a time in their lives when One set of Footprints is sufficient.


Amen

1 comment:

  1. Wendy. This is a great tribute from you. I know as Tyler's fourth grade teacher you were loved by him, and I know he gave you many smiles and will continue to do so. I hope your days of teaching will create many memories of children just like Tyler. I love you mom

    ReplyDelete